The advancement of ICT (Information Communication Technologies) ) has enabled the world appear as an international village. The economies, societies and societies have become connected through a global network of communication, transportation and trade) with computer performance playing an important part in this process of integration.
This integration of regions and nations around the globe through the global web has created the world one big village. different nations function as clans within this large village, and the presidents of different nations are the clan leaders in this huge village.
Thus, everything that affects one clan can affect another within this vast village. This is exactly what is taking place in the modern world. A crises within the Niger Delta of Nigeria affects the cost of crude oil travel, as well as travel.
This unification of countries around the globe economically through education, politics, and society and people who view themselves not just through their own national identity, but being part of the whole world is the essence of Globalization.
Globalization is the process of interconnection and integration between the companies, people and government officials of various nations, a process that is driven by a mix of socio-cultural, economic and international trade and investment , and assisted through ICT (Information Communication Technology) where the Internet plays a key part, thanks to the global network of Computers spread across the globe
Globalization impacts the environment, cultural systems, on the political system as well as on prosperity and economic growth, and also on the physical health of people throughout the world.
Today there are a few locations that a person cannot reach through a phone or the Internet. Thanks to the modern technology of communication, the citizens of a nation are aware of the world around them and are affected by different cultures in various ways.
Space and time matter less and barriers to communication are being eliminated because people across the globe communicate via trade as well as social Internet forums as well as various media sources and a myriad of different ways.
Due to globalization, the globe is seen in a single Big Town or Village called the Global Village. The members in the Global Village are called Global Community. One important medium that has brought people from all nations closer has been the Internet. Internet is the network of Computers across the world that let individuals from all over all over the world (Global Community) to connect with each with one another. Internet is a component of ICT.
ICT is the primary driving force behind globalization. Innovations of Information Technology, in particular has dramatically changed the way we live our the way we live our lives. Information Technologies have given all kinds of individuals-consumers business owners, investors, and consumers-valuable new instruments to identify and pursue opportunities in the economy, such as quicker and more accurate assessments of trends in the economy across the globe, simple transfer of assets, as well as collaboration with partners who are far away.
While you read this article, people are connecting all over the globe through the Internet in order to fulfill their goals. Selling and buying, school Registration and Admission, Airline Travel Booking, Research of all kinds banking, Emails seeking employment and Information are all happening via the Internet.
Being Part of the Global Community
Based on the above understanding it is clear that nobody in this current world can be successful in the future if they are not part of the worldwide community. To be a part in the world community you need to:
1. Be Computer Literate
2. Learn how to use the Internet
3. Own a Personal Computer (Desktop or Laptop)
Computer literacy refers to the ability and knowledge to use technology and computers effectively. Another important component to Computer literacy is understanding how computers work and function. This is a crucial component suitable for advanced users and operators who want to become Computer engineers. Being able and knowledgeable to utilize Computers is a key element in the world of computing.
Why Is Computer Literacy Necessary?
There are many things you’ll require the Computer for , directly or indirectly in the present time. You can use it yourself or have someone else employing it on your behalf. The reasons you need to be computer-literate are as follows:
1. If you are looking for a job you will be required by employers that you are Computer proficient, since Computer is a fundamental tool that you’ll have to make use of.
2. In the majority of places of business, Computer is standard. For instance, in banks, computers are used to perform banking transactions as well as to search for the account details of customers. In certain auto repair shops Computers are used to analyze the electronic components and other issues within cars.
3. In the schools, computers are utilized to allow students to register and apply for exams, admission, accounting and other records. Schools libraries are databases for books. There is no longer any library cards.
4. In certain hospitals and Clinics, patient data is stored on computers. Doctors must be able to locate such information in order to help the patient.
5. For sending or receiving electronic messages you have to know how to make use of the Computer as well as the Internet or hire someone else to do it for you.
The list goes on and on. It is best to begin learning how to use your personal Computer today. It can help you find an interview and aid you in your career.
Computer literacy doesn’t mean you have to know how to utilize every piece of software that you come across. This does not mean that you must be able to create software or network computers. All you need is the basics of:
1. How to Start the Computer
2. How to utilize your OS (Operating System) running in your Computer, Windows, Mac or Linux.
3. How do I start Application Software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Create, Save and Open Files.
4. How to exit or close an application Software and open a different one.
5. How do you properly shut down the Computer after use.
6. How do you make use of the Internet to browse the Internet Send and receive emails.
7. How to listen to music and play videos on your PC.
8. How do you handle Your computer (Personal PC).
Once you have learned how to operate a computer, there will be an area that you can use in your head as you begin to realize how simple it is to operate it and just how helpful it can be. It is then the notion that it’s difficult or hard to master how to use a computer would be gone.